Macclesfield Forest

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

MACCLESFIELD-FOREST, a chapelry in the parish of PRESTBURY, hundred of MACCLESFIELD, county palatine of CHESTER, 4 miles (E. by S.) from Macclesfield, containing 260 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Chester, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £800 royal bounty. The Earl of Derby was patron in 1799.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/CHS/MacclesfieldForest/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library