Alkmonton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

ALKMONTON, a township in the parish of LONGFORD, hundred of APPLETREE, county of DERBY, 5 miles (S. by E.) from Ashbourn, containing 81 inhabitants. There was anciently an hospital, dedicated to St. Leonard, between this place and Hungry-Bentley, in the same parish, to which Walter Blount, Lord Mountjoy, was a benefactor, in 1474.

BENTLEY (HUNGRY), a liberty in the parish of LONGFORD, hundred of APPLETREE, county of DERBY, 5 miles (S.) from Ashbourn, containing 88 inhabitants. Here was formerly a chapel, long since demolished.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Alkmonton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library