Brassington

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BRASSINGTON, a chapelry in that part of the parish of BRADBORNE which is in the hundred of WIRKSWORTH, county of DERBY, 3 miles (W. by N.) from Wirksworth, containing 689 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Derby, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £200 private benefaction, £800 royal bounty, and £1200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Duke of Devonshire. The chapel exhibits various styles of architecture, from the Norman to the later English. A plot of land was given by Mr. Thurston Dale, in 1742, now in the occupation of a schoolmaster, for which he instructs twelve children.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Brassington/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library