The Town Hall, Chapel en le Frith

Recent Photograph of The Town Hall (Chapel en le Frith)

Situated on the main road, this ecclesiastical-looking building, was erected in 1850, at the expense of Dr. Slacke of Bowden Hall. Originally known as “The New Sessions House”, it accommodated the Magistrates' Court, formerly held a short distance up the hill at the “Royal Oak” Public House.

(Information provided by Janet Kirk)

Image contributed by Janet Kirk on 12th July 2009.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page:
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library