Chinley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CHINLEY, a chapelry in the parish of GLOSSOP, hundred of HIGH-PEAK, county of DERBY, 2 miles (N. by W.) from Chapel en le Frith, containing, with Brownside and Bugsworth, 1038 inhabitants. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists, Here is a trifling endowment for teaching poor children, besides which five are educated by means of Trickett's charity at Bowden, and others partake of Jenkinson's, jointly with Brownside.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Chinley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library