Canal Pumping Station, Cromford

Recent Photograph of Canal Pumping Station (Cromford)

The Cromford Canal was opened in 1794, linking Cromford with Langley Mill, and the Erewash Canal, opened in 1779. This pumping station, at Leawood was built in 1849 to pump water from the River Derwent into the Canal.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Peter & Janet Kirk on 23rd October 2003.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Cromford/PumpingStation.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library