Fairfield

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

FAIRFIELD, a chapelry in the parish of HOPE, hundred of HIGH-PEAK, county of DERBY, 1 mile (E.N.E.) from Buxton, containing 482 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield. The chapel is dedicated to St. Peter. Anthony Swann, in 1662, bequeathed £4 a year for teaching ten children in 1693, Rowland Swann left a trifling sum for books and in 1771, the commissioners of enclosures allotted land of the annual value of £10, in augmentation of the master's salary.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Fairfield/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library