Old Photograph of Grindleford - The Village Green

Old Photograph of The Village Green (Grindleford)

Classic scene of the Village Store and Post Office on the Village Green, run by Miss Rebecca Kenyon. She retired in 1903, after which Mr T. A. Morton became postmaster, opening a new Post Office next to the Old Blacksmith's Shop, which became Mycock's Butcher's Shop in more recent times.

The house on the right of this photograph was taken down for road widening in 1958.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)

This is one of several old photographs acquired after a sort-out at the Peak National Park Authority's Study Centre.


Image contributed by Richard Campen on 21st October 2003.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Grindleford/VillageGreen.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library