Little Eaton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

EATON (LITTLE), a chapelry in that part of the parish of ST-ALKMUND, DERBY, which is in the hundred of MORLESTON-AND-LITCHURCH, county of DERBY, 3 miles (N.N.E.) from Derby, containing 547 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and £1400 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of Sir J. Kaye, Bart.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/LittleEaton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library