Matlock Moor Methodist Church, Matlock Moor

Recent Photograph of Matlock Moor Methodist Church (Matlock Moor)

This is a Primitive Methodist Church, founded 1903 and situated on the corner of Chesterfield Road and Quarry Lane, Matlock Moor. There is no graveyard, but the Church is apparently still in use.

There is a close-up of the Foundation Stone below.

Matlock Moor, Methodist Church (Foundation Stone)

The Inscription reads:.

To The Glory of God
This stone was laid by
Geo. G. BLACKWELL
Merchant of Liverpool
April 13th 1903

There is more information about Matlock Moor Methodist Church, and other churches in the Matlock area, on Ann Andrews' web page of Matlock's Churches and Chapels.

(Information provided by Janet Kirk/Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Janet Kirk on 3rd November 2004.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Matlock/MethodistChurch.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library