Congregational Chapel, Middleton by Wirksworth

Recent Photograph of Congregational Chapel (Middleton by Wirksworth)

According to Non-Conformist Chapels and Meeting Houses, Derbyshire (1986) this chapel was built in the late 19th century for a church formed in 1786. It has an unusual pulpit - which is “hexagonal, with three tiers of fielded panels and stairs with turned balusters and moulded handrail, c.1695, removed from Castle Hill Meeting-house, Northampton in 1862”. Isn't that interesting!

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Paul Slater on 17th February 2001.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/MiddletonWirksworth/CongregationalChapel.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library