Holy Trinity Church, Tansley

Recent Photograph of Holy Trinity Church (Tansley)

A relatively new church - built in 1839 and consecrated in 1840. Prior to that, Tansley was part of the parish of Crich. It became a separate parish in 1854, and (according to Derbyshire Record Office's catalogue of Church of England Registers) acquired Lumsdale (called ‘Linno Dale’ in Kelly's Directory of 1895), Matlock Cliff and Riber from Matlock in 1865.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Janet Kirk on 29th May 2005.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Tansley/HolyTrinity.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library