View of Oker from Snitterton, Oker

Recent Photograph of View of Oker from Snitterton (Oker)

This is a zoomed shot of Oker village taken from the public footpath near Snitterton Hall.

South Darley parish, originally named ‘Wensley and Snitterton’, was formed from Darley in 1840 when St Mary the Virgin parish church was built. Today, the parish encompasses the villages and hamlets of Wensley, Cross Green, Darley Bridge, Oker and Snitterton.

(Information provided by Janet Kirk)

Image contributed by Janet Kirk on 27th May 2005.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page:
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library