St Mary the Virgin's Church, South Darley (2001)

Recent Photograph of St Mary the Virgin's Church (2001) (South Darley)

South Darley parish, originally named ‘Wensley and Snitterton’, was formed from Darley in 1840 when St Mary the Virgin parish church was built. Today, the parish encompasses the villages and hamlets of Wensley, Cross Green, Darley Bridge, Oker and Snitterton.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Paul Slater on 17th February 2001.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Wensley/StMary.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library