Wilne

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

DRAYCOTT, a liberty and chapelry, joint with Wilne, in the parish of SAWLEY, hundred of MORLESTON-and-LITCHURCH, county of DERBY, 6 miles (E.S.E.) from Derby, containing, with. Wilne, 1102 inhabitants.

WILNE (GREAT), a parish in the hundred of MORLESTON-and-LITCHURCH, county of DERBY, 7 miles (S.E.) from Derby, containing, with the township of Shardlow, and the inmates of a large poor-house belonging to several townships, 993 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the prebendal court of Sawley, endowed with £1600 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Perpetual Curate of Sawley. The church is dedicated to St. Chad.

WILNE (LITTLE), a chapelry in the parish of SAWLEY, hundred of MORLESTON-and-LITCHURCH, county of DERBY, 7 miles (E.S.E.) from Derby. The population is returned with the liberty of Draycott.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Wilne/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library