St John the Baptist's Church, Winster

Recent Photograph of St John the Baptist's Church (Winster)

Winster was a chapelry of Youlgreave until 1838. The tower, with segmental-headed windows dates from 1721, but the rest was rebuilt in 1842-3.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)

Reference
Salter, Mike - The Old Parish Churches of Derbyshire (1998)


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 9th June 2004.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Winster/StJohn1.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library