The Town Hall, Wirksworth

Recent Photograph of The Town Hall (Wirksworth)

Situated on the junction of the main Cromford to Derby Road with Coldwell Street, and opposite the Red Lion Hotel. The Town Hall was built in 1873 through the efforts of a local masonic lodge. Curiously, it's built of Yorkshire stone, in spite of there being more than enough Derbyshire stone available from nearby quarries.

(Information provided by Janet Kirk)


Image contributed by Janet Kirk on 7th September 2009.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Wirksworth/TownHall.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library