Alveston

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

ALVESTON, a parish partly in the lower, but chiefly in the upper, division of the hundred of LANGLEY-and-SWINEHEAD, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (S. by E.) from Thornbury, containing 657 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage with that of Olveston, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Bristol. The church is a small edifice, with a low tower, situated at some distance from the village. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Alveston/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library