Ampney Crucis

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

AMPNEY-CRUCIS, a parish in the hundred of CROWTHORNE-and-MINETY, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (E.) from Cirencester, containing 590 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £6. 9. 0., and in the patronage of the Crown.: The church, dedicated to the Holy Rood, has an embattled tower, and some portions of ancient architecture. Here is a charity school.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/AmpneyCrucis/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library