Ampney St Mary

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

AMPNEY, or ASHBROOK (ST-MARY), a parish in the hundred of CROWTHORNE-and-MINETY, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (E.) from Cirencester, containing 130 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, endowed with £400 private benefaction, £400 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is small, exhibiting remains of early English architecture.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/AmpneyStMary/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library