Barnwood

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BARNWOOD, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-and-KING'S-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 1 mile (E.S.E.) from Gloucester, containing 392 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, endowed with £30 per annum private benefaction, and £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence. The Gloucester and Cheltenham railway passes through the parish, which is also intersected by the Roman Foss-way. There is a small endowment for the instruction of poor children.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Barnwood/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library