Bream

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BREEM, a chapelry in the parish of NEWLAND, hundred of ST-BRIAVELLS, county of GLOUCESTER; 5 miles (W. by S.) from Blakeney, containing 417 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Hereford, and diocese of Gloucester, endowed with £200 private, benefaction, and £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Newland. The chapel, dedicated to St. James, has lately received an addition of one hundred and twenty sittings, eighty of them free, towards defraying the expense of which the Incorporated Society for the enlargement of churches and chapels gave £100. Twelve children are taught reading for £2. 10. a year, being the interest of £5. 0 given by Mrs. Gough.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Bream/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library