Brockworth

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BROCKWORTH, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-and-KING'S-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (E.S.E.) from Gloucester, containing 386 inhabitants., The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £6. 3. 4., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Mr. Price. The church is dedicated to St. George. This parish is crossed by the ancient Ermin-street.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Brockworth/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library