Bromsberrow

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BROMSBERROW, a parish in the hundred of BOTLOE, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (S.E.) from Ledbury, containing 335 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £7. 15., and in the patronage of Earl Beauchamp. The church is an ancient edifice, dedicated to St. Mary; adjoining the chancel is the mausoleum of the Yate family, built about a century ago, and containing several monuments.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Bromsberrow/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library