Chaceley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CHASELEY, a parish forming, with the parishes of Eldersfield and Staunton, a separate portion of the lower division of the hundred of PERSHORE, county of WORCESTER, 3 miles (S.W. by W.) from Tewkesbury, containing 337 inhabitants. The living is a discharged perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, rated in the king's books at £5. 14. 7., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Longdon. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is an ancient edifice, with a tower and spire. Thomas Turberville, in 172S, left a house and land, the rent-charge upon which, with other charitable gifts, produces £17 per annum, which is applied to the education of girls.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Chaceley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library