Coln Rogers

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

COLN-ROGERS, a parish in the hundred of BRADLEY, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (S.W. by S.) from North Leach, containing 139 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £7. 0. 5., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. This parish is bounded on the north by the river Coln, which is crossed by Fosse-bridge, on the Roman way of the same name.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/ColnRogers/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library