Coln St Denys

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

COLN (ST-DENIS), a parish in the upper division of the hundred of DEERHURST, though locally in the hundred of Bradley, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (S.W. by S.) from North Leach, containing 179 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £9. 19. 4., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Pembroke College, Oxford. This parish is bounded on the south-west by the river Coln, and on the north-west by the old Roman Fosses-way.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/ColnStDennis/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library