Compton Greenfield

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

COMPTON-GREENFIELD, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of HENBURY, county of GLOUCESTER, 6 miles (N. by W.) from Bristol, containing 42 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Bristol, rated in the king's books at £7, and in the patronage of John Ward, Esq. The navigable river Severn flows on the western side of this parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/ComptonGreenfield/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library