Cowley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

COWLEY, a parish in the hundred of RAPSGATE, county of GLOUCESTER, 6½ miles (S. by E.) from Cheltenham, containing 273 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £9. 1. 10½, and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The Ermin-street traces the southern boundary of this parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Cowley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library