Daglingworth

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

DAGLINGWORTH, a parish in the hundred of CROWTHORNE-AND-MINETY, county of GLOUCESTER, 2 miles (N.W.) from Cirencester, containing 253 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £8. 6. 3., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to the Holy Rood. The Roman road, called Ermin-street, passes through the parish, and a tesselated pavement has been discovered. There is a school for poor children, supported by an annuity of £4. 10., arising from a bequest of £100 by Jeremiah Hancock, in 1729.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Daglingworth/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library