Didbrook

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

DIDBROOK, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of KIFTSGATE, county of GLOUCESTER, 2 miles (N.E.) from Winchcombe, containing 291 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, with which the rectory of Pinnock is consolidated, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £7. 9. 10., endowed with £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of C. Hanbury Tracy, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. George, appears from an inscription to have been built about 1470; it is in the later style of English architecture, with an embattled tower and some stained glass. There is a chapel of ease at Hayles, in this parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Didbrook/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library