Didmarton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

DIDMARTON, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of GRUMBALDS-ASH, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (S.W.) from Tetbury, containing 101 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory united to the rectory of Oldbury on the Hill, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £8. The church, dedicated to St. Lawrence, is a small building of a singular form, with a turret of wood.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Didmarton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library