Duntisbourne Abbots

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

DUNTSBOURN (ABBOTS), a parish partly in the hundred of RAPSGATE, comprising the township of Duntsbourn-Leer, but chiefly in the hundred of CROWTHORNE-and-MINETY, county of GLOUCESTER, 5 miles (N.W. by N.) from Cirencester, containing 256 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £13. D. Mesman, Esq. was patron in 1794. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The Roman road Ermin-street passes through this parish.

DUNTSBOURN-LEER, a township in that part of the parish of ABBOTS-DUNTSBOURN which is in the hundred of RAPSGATE, county of GLOUCESTER, 675 miles (N. by W.) from Cirencester, containing 85 inhabitants.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/DuntisbourneAbbots/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library