Edgeworth

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

EDGEWORTH, a parish in the hundred of BISLEY, county of GLOUCESTER, 6 miles (N.W. by W.) from Cirencester, containing 134 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £8, and in the patronage of Mrs. Westfaling. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, has some portions in the Norman style, and some of later date. There is a bequest of £5. 5. per annum, by Mrs. Joan Ridler, for teaching poor children.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Edgeworth/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library