Filton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

FILTON, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of BERKELEY, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (N. by E.) from Bristol, containing 210 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Bristol, rated in the kings, books at £7, endowed with £200 private benefaction and £200 royal bounty. Mrs. Manley was patroness in 1824. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is chiefly in the decorated style of English architecture.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Filton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library