Forest Green

Extract from Kelly's Directory of Gloucestershire, 1923.
Transcribed by Rosemary Lockie, © Copyright 2012

INCHBROOK with FOREST GREEN and Windsor Edge are hamlets [in NAILSWORTH]. The church at Forest Green is an iron building, erected in 1865, and consisting of chancel, nave, western porch, and a small turret with spire containing one bell, and will seat 160 persons. The register dates from the year 1864. There is also a Congregational chapel, erected in 1821, seating 500 persons.

NEWMARKET is a hamlet, 1 mile west.
[Kelly's Directory of Gloucestershire, 1923]

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/ForestGreen/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library