Great Rissington

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

RISSINGTON (GREAT), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of SLAUGHTER, county of GLOUCESTER, 5 miles (S.) from Stow on the Wold, containing 446 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £22. 0. 5., and in the patronage of Lord Dynevor. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. The parish is bounded on the west by the river Windrush, and on the east by Oxfordshire.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/GreatRissington/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library