Hampnett

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

HAMPNETT, a parish in the hundred of BRADLEY, county of GLOUCESTER, 1 mile (N.W. by N.) from North Leach, containing 121 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, with which that of Stowell was united in 1660, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £10, and in the patronage of Lord Stowell. The church, dedicated to St. George, is principally in the early style of English architecture. A brook rises in this parish, which gives name to the adjoining town of North Leach. The old Fosse-way passes along the south-eastern boundary.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Hampnett/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library