Horton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

HORTON, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of GRUMBALDS-ASH, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (N.E.) from Chipping-Sodbury, containing 385 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £16, and in the patronage of Thomas Brooks, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. James.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Horton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library