Huntley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

HUNTLEY, a parish in the Duchy of LANCASTER, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (S. by W.) from Newent, containing 405 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Hereford, and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £7. 5. 10., and in the patronage of the Rev. John Morse. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, has lately received an addition of one hundred and five free sittings, the Incorporated Society for the enlargement of churches and chapels having granted £30 toward defraying the expense. There is a trifling endowment for teaching two children.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Huntley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library