Long Newnton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

NEWNTON (LONG), a parish in the hundred of MALMESBURY, county of WILTS, 3 miles (N.N.W.) from Malmesbury, containing 306 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Wilts, and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £8. 5. Thomas Estcourt, Esq. was patron in 1808. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. Elizabeth Hodges, in 1723, and Amy Haddon, subsequently, bequeathed each a trifling rent-charge towards the support of a school.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/LongNewnton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library