Longney

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

LONGNEY, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of WHITSTONE, county of GLOUCESTER, 6 miles (S.W. by W.) from Gloucester, containing 443 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £12. 1. 8., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence. The navigable river Severn runs on the west of this parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Longney/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library