Nailsworth

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

NAILSWORTH, a chapelry partly in the parishes of HORSLEY and MINCHINHAMPTON, but chiefly in that of AVENING, hundred of LONGTREE, county of GLOUCESTER, 2 miles (S.W. by W.) from Minchin-Hampton, containing 898 inhabitants. This place is situated in the centre of a district in which the manufacture of woollen cloth is carried on to a considerable extent, and for which the numerous brooks and rivulets that abound are extremely favourable. There are places of worship for Baptists, the Society of Friends, Independents, and Wesleyan Methodists. A small customary market is held on Saturday.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Nailsworth/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library