Newport

Extract from Slater's Directory of Glos, Herefs, Mon, Shrops & Wales, 1868.
Transcribed by Rosemary Lockie, © Copyright 2012

NEWPORT is a small pleasant village about 2 miles S.E. from, and in the parish of Berkeley. Previous to the opening of the neighbouring railway, it was a place of some thoroughfare, and derived a little business from that circumstance; but now it is fast going into decay, and its inhabitants rapidly diminishing in number.
[Slater's Directory of Glos, Herefs, Mon, Shrops & Wales, 1868]

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Newport/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library