Oldbury on the Hill

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

OLDBURY-on-the-HILL, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of GRUMBALD'S-ASH, county of GLOUCESTER, 5 miles (S.W. by W.) from Tetbury, containing 371 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, united to that of Didmarton, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £16. The Duke of Beaufort was patron in 1803. The church is dedicated to St. Arila.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/OldburyontheHill/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library