Oxenton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

OXENTON, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of TEWKESBURY, county of GLOUCESTER, 5 miles (E. by S.) from Tewkesbury, containing 178 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, with that of Tewkesbury, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, endowed with £600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Earl of Coventry. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Oxenton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library