Pitchcombe

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

PITCHCOMB, a parish in the middle division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-and-KING'S-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 1 mile (S.W. by W.) from Painswick, containing 187 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, united with that of Harescomb, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester. The church was erected about 1819, on the site of a more ancient structure, and exhibits a chaste specimen of the decorated style of English architecture. There is a place of worship for Independents.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Pitchcombe/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library