Prestbury

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

PRESTBURY, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of DEERHURST, county of GLOUCESTER, 1½ mile (N.E.) from Cheltenham, containing 906 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £11, and in the patronage of W.J. Agg, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Prestbury/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library