Preston by Cirencester

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

PRESTON, a parish in the hundred of CROWTHORNE-and-MINETY, county of GLOUCESTER, 1½ mile (E.S.E.) from Cirencester, containing 160 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £9. 10. 7½ and in the patronage of Miss Master. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient and singular structure in the early style of English architecture. The river Churn runs through the parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/PrestonCirencester/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library