Quedgeley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

QUEDGLEY, a parish partly in the middle division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-and-KING'S-BARTON, but chiefly in the upper division of the hundred of WHITSTONE, county of GLOUCESTER, 3½ miles (S.W.) from Gloucester, containing, with the hamlet of Woolstrop, 263 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, and in the patronage of the Duke of Manchester. The church is dedicated to St. James. The navigable river Severn runs on the north, and the Gloucester and Berkeley canal passes through the parish.

WOOLSTROP, a hamlet in that part of the parish of QUEDGLEY which is in the middle division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-and-KING'S-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 5 miles (S.W. by W.) from Gloucester containing 36 inhabitants.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Quedgeley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library